Designer Thomas McBroom
The selected architect of Kytäjäs courseproject, canadian Thomas McBroom operates in his own enterprise Thomas McBroom Assocites as a CEO which he started in 1978. McBroom is involved in the designing and construction of his courses. he has designed and built over 60 projects and has achieved international recognition and respect from his work. In addition to Kytäjä McBroom has ongoing projects in the United States, Canada and in the Caribbean.
Thomas McBrooms thoughts about Kytäjä Golf:
“Our vision in Kytäjä project is to build two very distinguishable and memorable courses. Lakeside has several holes, in which Lake Kytäjä comes into play in many challenging ways. Holes 13-18 are particularly stunning. Forest is played in a more wooded terrain. Hole 17 has a very special opening drive; you start from the center of the forest into the fairway 30 meters below.
Generally speaking both courses are bold, thrilling, North-American styled wide courses. In the courses we have attached features from natural forests, rocks, streams and wavy meadows. Important part of the projects design was preserving and empowering the regions historical agricultural- and residential style.
One important factor in a great golf course is the gameplay and ensuring, that players of all skill levels can have a pleasant golfing experience. We have designed holes, that are challenging but do not punish you and enjoyable but not easy.
High quality course maintenance and condition is an undisputed requirement. To achieve this we use strictly regulated materials and methods when building. We believe that this leads to best possible quality. All in all Kytäjä has all the ingredients for a world-class golf destination.”
Thomas McBrooms awards and recognitions:
* Golf Digest “Best New Course in Canada”, First Place 2000 Timberwolf Golf Club, Sudbury, Ontario
* National Post “Top 25 Golf Courses in Ontario” 2000 includes 6 McBroom courses: Beacon Hall, The Lake Joseph Club, Deerhurst, Heron Point, National Pines, Timberwolf
* Score Magazine “Top 100 Golf Courses in Canada” 2000 includes 10 McBroom courses, more than any living architect Beacon Hall, Crowbush Cove, Deerhurst, Heron Point, Le Géant, National Pines, Morgan Creek, Bell Bay, Deer Ridge, The Lake Joseph Club
* Golf Digest “Best New Course in Canada”, First Place 1998 Bell Bay Golf Club, Baddeck, Nova Scotia
* Golf Digest “Places to Play”, The 10 Best Public Courses in North America 1998 The Links at Crowbush Cove, Morell, PEI
* Golf Magazine “Silver Medal Resort” 1998 Le Géant, Mont Tremblant, Quebec
* Le Grand Prix National de Tourisme du Quebec 1998 Le Géant, Mont Tremblant, Quebec
* Golf Digest “Best New Course in Canada”, First Place 1997 The Lake Joseph Club, Port Sandfield, Ontario
* Golf Magazine “Silver Medal Resort” 1997 Deerhurst Highlands Huntsville, Ontario
* Golf Digest “Best New Course in Canada”, Second Place, 1996 Le Géant, Mont Tremblant, Quebec
* Golf Digest “Best New Course in Canada”, First Place 1994 The Links at Crowbush Cove, Morell, PEI
* Golf Digest “Best New Course in Canada”, Third Place, 1993 National Pines Golf Course, Barrie, Ontario
* Golf Digest “Best New Course in Canada”, Second Place, 1992 Camelot Golf Club, Cumberland, Ontario
Katso lisää: www.thomasmcbroom.com